This post is also available in: Español
1998 – La Academia Partnership Charter School opens. One of the first charter schools in PA. The following community–based agencies worked together in the design of the school: The Spanish American Civic Association, Neighborhood Services, the Urban League, Crispus Attucks, Community Action Programs.
- 1999 – Continues as an educational alternative with a guiding vision of a school where each child will attain success regardless of socioeconomic and educational background.
- 2003 – The new focus is Early College High School Program. LAPCS is one of 12 schools in the country selected for this honor.
- 2004 – New policies, procedures, middle school/high school curriculum, materials are adopted as part of a comprehensive school reform.
- 2007 – New adjacent building opens with gym, cafeteria, and library.
- 2008 – A revised middle/high school curriculum is developed.
- 2010 – School makes Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) through “Safe Harbor”.
- 2011 – New Principal is hired. Many updates to both processes and the facility take place and LAPCS receives a Title I School Improvement Grant for 3 years.
- 2012 – School received 21st Century Grant 6A(Before/After School) for 3 years to increase the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) focus in the Middle school grades, develop a credit recovery program for our high school scholars and have ESL/GED classes for our parents. High School scholars can now take AP (Advanced Placement US History, continued Duel-Enrollment with HACC (Harrisburg Area Community College), New Assistant Principal is hired and an additional support class in special education is added.
- 2012 – School makes Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) and now is in “Making Progress.”
- 2013– April 9, 2013 The School District of Lancaster renews our 5 year charter. La Academia now heads to it’s 20th Anniversary in 2018.
- 2013 – During the summer of 2013 many renovations take place to the main building to enhance the learning environment for our scholars. School welcomes a familiar face as the new Chief Academic Officer/Principal – Mr. Guillermo Barroso.
- 2018 – La Academia’s 20th Anniversary.
- 2020 – Lancaster’s own, Jerry Johnson coaches La Academia’s first PIAA basketball team which went on to be District champs in their first season!
- 2021 – Colleen Wagner assumes the role of President of the Board and Amy Ferg assumes the role of Principal/CEO.
- 2022 – Jasson Read-Jean assumes the role of CFO and Mark Simms assumes the role of CEO.
Dual Enrollment Partnerships